Thursday 19 June 2008

Thirty eight and counting

IM002473 The fig tree now has the original eight large figs, and another 30 or so figlets of varying sizes. it is very exciting.

They seem to have arrived unexpectedly almost overnight, in between one watering and the next.

It has been an odd week - very early starts each morning so Bob can get to Peterborough and then school all day, then church stuff every evening. Very busy and very tiring.

Yesterday I discovered my work pattern is going to change dramatically in the Autumn Term - I am going from a regular 2 days a week down to 1 morning a week. I am not really surprised, schools budgets are very tight and it is easiest to cut down by eliminating teachers who are 'supply' and not 'fixed contract', and use Teaching Assistants instead. But it is interesting to read the stuff in the news this morning about the topic.

What should I do with the extra free time? No doubt there will be supply work available. Should I be doing more stuff that's Church-related? Or get more involved in community stuff like the Knitting Group? Bob said what about just taking some time and space and not doing anything for a bit? I said I couldn't possibly seboimagine doing nothing - so he said there was always The Housework!!  I promptly changed the subject.

Poor bloke - he cannot move round here without tripping over a bag of Holiday Club Crafts, Play Costumes, Knitting Group Activities, Sunday School Materials...This week I have been given no less than 5 bags full of craft materials from three very generous friends who were 'just sorting out, and thought you might make use of this'. All of it is useful and will be well used somewhere along the line.

It is bizarre - I have just found out that I am going to get a 70% cut in predictable income in 3 months time - but what concerns me most is how best to use the extra time I am gaining. I just have this overwhelming certainty that our needs will be met and I don't need to rush around worrying about how I will earn more. Thirty small figs and five bags of haberdashery have arrived unexpectedly in our home in the past week - and my lost purse was handed in by an anonymous good person. John Newton didn't just write Amazing Grace - he penned this too

When Satan appears
To stop up our path,
And fill us with fears,
We triumph by faith;
He cannot take from us,
Though oft he has tried,
This heart-cheering promise,
The Lord will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!